Africa

Monday, July 7, 2008

Gift


A picture speaks 1,000 words...we have all heard that before. But really, if you put words behind what this picture represents to our kids and to us....it would FILL a book. A book of history....which was and is "His" story.
To think that God knew before we were even born that we would all be connected and family is truly amazing to me finite mind!
Today Romana arrives back in Ghana, after some time here in the States. The Gift we received was better than anything that could be wrapped up in wrapping.

As parents we got to see the "loop" be closed in the hearts of our children. For the kids to be able to hug the one who saved them, to eat with her, to show her their rooms, toys, clothes, and all their siblings was like watching torn fabric be sewn back together.

Although it was easier with Victoria to see how wonderful this was...John had a few questions "Am I going back to Beacon House?" "Where is Moses?" (the first thing he said to Romana when he saw her :O) *Moses is his friend at Bh who he prays for everyday. and "is this America?" It has taken a few weeks of communication.....but he is more solid than he was and is starting to build in some good attachment.
He got to love on Romana, then he got to wave good-bye to her. Gift!
Do people walk on water? No
Do we give Romana GLORY....no...but we are sooooo thankful for Jesus in her.
Do we stand AMAZED at how God calls people to an eternal purpose, how people respond in obedience and "HIS"-story is MADE! (thanks Romana for your obedience)
We are Blessed to be a part of "His" -story!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Tears of JOY here Carrie!
What a gorgeous post about the weaving of our children's lives. It is all His story-- what a miracle.
I can't wait to meet Romana. I pray that she went back rested and renewed. It is always such a joy to praise the Lord for those that answer Him so faithfully.
Blessed to be on this journey!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie! Your posts are beautiful descriptions of your family's life. I am back in Chicago, just got married about a week ago. So far married life is great, but we moved and I can't find anything! Could you send me your email again? Mine is mollypachan@gmail.com.

Take care and send my love to everyone.

-Molly

lori said...

Great post about your kids with romana! I hope she made it back safely. We are headed home in a couple days but I was just wondering if you have sent the rest of the paperwork to my house yet? I now have a friend saying there till we get back. Anyway - I want to be able to get right on it as soon as we get home. Sorry to contact you this way, but this is the only way I can send anyone a message .. I can receive emails, but I can't send them ... hope you are dong well. thanks for all you do! lori

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us all be a part of your family story as well! I ask the same question as John too..........where is Moses :(

Soon John & Moses will see each other, I know it!

Romana!! Wow, I am so thankful for her and so at peace knowing she is our advocate. Mental note, get photo of Romana with Moses!!!

Hopefully we'll be talking VERY soon with joyful news :)

Kathy