Africa

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

MOM

Sometimes it just hits my heart that ALOT of who I am is because of my awesome Mom!

This post is for you Mom!

We moved...
Big undertaking...

The boxes were in the house, the kids were sleeping in their new rooms, we were IN!
But were we settled?
NO
The next day my Mom drove up from Seattle ready to help us make this house our home.
She did not spend a few hours BUT a few days with us as we made our way around the boxes and became familiarized with the house.

At our old house she Vacuumed the WHOLE thing....ohhh yes, did I forget to tell you that on Wednesday before our Friday move, I hurt my knee and could not walk with my weight fully on my leg? (that is another story....goes something like the Lord saying to my heart.."Carrie you go until it is all done...but you leave a wake of people in your dust...so guess what? you get to slow down and LEAD with LOVE!"
thus the above scenario of my Mom vacuuming :O)

As we wrapped up the cleaning at the old house, we lived life while unpacking. Kids to school, lunches packed, laundry etc...all the while my mom went from closet to closet getting the kids clothes sorted, hung and put in drawers.
Also from cupboard to cupboard unpacking and reshuffling the silverware 3 times until we found the BEST spot for it. (Dave is still not sure about this decision..love you babe!)
Basically she worked while we worked, she worked while we ran around, she worked even when I had to sit and put my hurt leg up.

So Mom, THANK YOU does not seem like it carries the weight that is needed for the love and admiration I have for you...but please know that I love you.
I love you for:
Picking up pictures and not being afraid to hit a nail into the wall to hang the first pictures when I was unsure....in the end it ALL looks AMAZING!

for engaging kids to work along side of you as they told you stories that sometimes lasted 30 mins or more...and you stayed engaged

for eating cheese sticks and ham because I did not have the right kinds of food for you to eat :O( You never complain.

for buying milk and grocery's for us because Dave's check book was packed somewhere.

for sitting under blankets by the fire at the end of a long day and watching Disney movies with us.

for looking beautiful the WHOLE time you worked.....and when you played, and when you sleep...no wonder why Dad loves you. You radiate no matter what you do!

for seeing the "God Factor" in all of life and being willing to let that spill out in all your conversations with me and the kids!

for being a GODLY example of servant-hood!

Some day when I grow up..I want to be like my MOM!

Thanks MOM!
.

5 comments:

TLM said...

This a such a sweet blessing to your Mom! I'm touched by the connection in your family! Great role models you guys are for your kiddos!

Merry Christmas,

Tanya

bbqdaisy said...

You are JUST like your mom and that is why I love you! THANK YOU does not seem enough for who you are and everything you do ... you are an endless blessing!! THANK YOU for radiating Jesus to me in EVERYTHING you do!
Lots of Love
Maria

The Princess said...

Oh this sooooo made me cry! I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree and now I see why you are so BEAUTIFUL and radiate God's love EVERYWHERE you go!

lori said...

i want to be like your mom!!!
i love the things the blaske's love about christmas. thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

I read your blog- as my parents are good friends with your parents (Diane and Rick) and I have loved reading your adoption journey and transition to family life-- I love this post-- because I too LOVE your mom!! In fact she just had Christmas dinner with me and my parents and added to it with her yummy salads! So yes-- love that woman- and love reading your writing! Blessings to you and Merry Christmas,
Karen Springs