Africa

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Glory of God!

I know I said I would blog each Sunday...but really the last post was wordy and I know when I am blog surfing it is so wonderful to see the "life" in the pictures people post. So, here ya go...I titled this "Glory of God!" because ONLY God could do what this picture represent...His Glory shouting for all to see! Once in a while God brings someone into my life that "fits" into the plan He has for my life, and it is a GOD size connection in friendship, amazement and thankfulness....Romana is one of those people. Having her in our home this summer and getting to have day after day face time with her was a GIFT!

The WA Beacon House reunion was a week long adventure of seeing God's Glory SHINE in obedient parents who have answered the call on their lives to adopt, Directors and BH volunteer staff seeing the connection of children who knew each other in Africa, then Beacon House, now in WASHINGTON...how can that be?
To see and hear them playing at the park, skipping and holdling hands along the beach, dancing, eating and GIGGLING so loudly as they recall memories, FILLS my heart to a place that does not have words!
(there are 100's of pics...but not having talked to each family represented, I am not putting the big group picture here)
...but close your eyes, picture the beach on a sunny summer day, 19 children all sitting close, older ones with younger ones on their laps, Directors standing behind them and SMILES upon SMILES on the faces of these once orphans, NOW FOREVER FAMILY adopted children! )
Like I said:
GLORY of GOD!!!


1 comment:

Karen said...

Carrie, I'm so glad you are back to blogging! I was so excited to learn that you are adopting again! Will look forward to following your adventure. I love your writings and how you share your heart so openly! And of course I love your passion for the orphan and to see them placed in Christian homes! We are united in that!
Blessings,
Karen (Rich and Diane Springs' daughter).