Africa

Monday, September 21, 2009

God's Economy!

Today I wanted to share the delight of helping some friends raise money for their 2nd Ethiopian adoption. They worked hard at setting up a one day garage sale in hopes to cover the finger print and filing fee....and they made over $800.00 YEAH!

They put out this story board of their last adoption and a jug to collect funds for anyone who wanted to donate. People were generous and supportive. We baked brownies and homemade bread to sell and split the cost with this family. The kids sold the food items and had a smile and a story to share as people asked them questions about the new adoption. It is a GIFT to see the whole family involved and making an impact on the community with their testimony.


A few posts back...I posted about "Pickles For Dinner".....well here is our Johnny man putting the money in the jar that his friend from Ghana (Moses) and Moses' brother Joshua gave to our family for our adoption. The JOY of JOYS as John put it ALL in and ALL out several times!


Really...the process of trusting in faith that God will and is bringing the funds all together at just the right time is and has been an amazing process for our whole family.


Yesterday as I was walking down the isle at the store I popped a bag of candy corns into the basket and one of my kids said, "hey, if we don't get that bag of candy, you could put that money in the pickle jar for G"


Oh my heart!


So, in the economy of God, nothing is impossible!


I have heard and have said this myself..."God owns the cattle on 1,000 hills" in relation to adoption and or situations where someone is in need.

Well, I was set back on my heels this week as I re-read that section of scripture and realized that God was not talking about how much He owns and what He can do for us...but rather the whole section was about "sacrifces and offerings" and what kind of sacrifices He is longing for from us.


Ohhhh, was I humbled!


"I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. .......for the world is mine all that is in it...Sacrifce thank offerings to God, fufill your vows to the Most High." Psalm 50:9-12, 14
As I wrap up this post I want to offer up "Thank Offerings" to the Lord for who He is and for His perfect love and plan for our lives.
Lord, you do not need to sell any of those 1,000 cows for me.....you have already given it ALL!
Thank you that you know the plans you have for me and you are working them out for my good. (even the money :O)






No comments: