Africa

Friday, February 5, 2010

P A S S P O R T


Can I say....."PASSPORT!"
January...WOW, what a MONTH!
In a God size SUPER NATURAL way...January wraps up as being one of the hardest spiritual, emotional and physical battles our family has had since the start of Gabriels journey.
So many people prayed! So many people felt such a DARKness pressing in all around us in Jan.
Jan 27th, one by one the phone calls started coming in.
  • "Carrie and Dave, we really feel like something has lifted"
  • "Carrie, the urgency to pray has ceased"
  • "Carrie and Dave, we have been feeling like we needed to cover you...that feeling does not seem as urgent"
*these were different circles of people, friends, family, adoptive friends, people from other states all pressing in to the throne room on our behalf....all having the same feelings.
God does amaze me!
Also I am blessed to have a circle of people who will listen to the Holy Spirit on our behalf.
Adoption is warfare...so glad we are equipped to FIGHT and do not have to do so on our own power.
FEBRUARY 1, 2010 NEW month, NEW day, NEW news...
Phone call comes from Ghana "Carrie guess what I have in my hand?"
P A S S P O R T
Then some of my favorite words I get to hear from the Director at Beacon House....
"Oh yes, oh YES"
As different families have walked this passport journey in the last few years...each family's adoption journey is soooooo different, but pretty much across the board...PASSPORTS tend to be the section of the adoption process that is very dificult.
The ride is like no other!
Each Beacon House family that I have been able to call and say "your PASSPORT is in" ....has been a JOYFILLED celebration when it is IN the HAND and correct!
I have been able to joyfully celebrate with many families!
One thing I know for sure in the last 2 years of doing the Volunteer BH coordinator job:
...when it is time for a child, who does not have a forever family,
to come home to forever family...a family who will lead them in the way everlasting through the powerful perfect love of Jesus...
The enemy FIGHTS!
Passports coming out seem to be a good target for sure!!
We stand in a position of victory and do not have to fight for victory...even when we can not see the how and why...GOD IS IN CONTROL!
Today we celebrate the PASSPORT....the tireless efforts of the BH Director and staff,
the ALL POWERFUL personal GOD who holds it all in His hands and lets us come along for the RIDE OF A LIFE time if we trust, believe and love HIM only!
I 600 approval, Visa and TRAVEL coming NEXT....will keep you updated!
*the passport on the top is the cover of John's passport...Gabriels is safely still in Ghana awaiting his VIsa / exit!

5 comments:

bbqdaisy said...

Amen! Amen! Amen!! Still CELEBRATING and PRAISING WITH YOU!!! God is GOOD and His timing is perfect!! AND the victory is ours through Christ, as we are daughters and sons of the Maker of the Unvierse! Still covering your sweet Gabriel with prayer!
Love you
Maria
P.S. I can hear Romana's, "oh yes, oh yes" in my head ... LOL ... have heard it many times and LOVE it =)

bbqdaisy said...

Ohhhhh ... also wanted to say ... NICE to see a NEW post from your blog pop up on my dashboard =)

Patty said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You God! Thank You for the passport! Thank You for precious Gabriel! :)

Karen said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to follow your travel journeys! :)
Blessings and may the PEACE of Christ fill you TODAY! :)
Love,
Karen

Patty said...

Carrie,

Thank you so much for your encouragement. It helps me a lot!

It is a wild trip. Yesterday I really "lost it" over a lost coupon. :( So weird. I think the pain/stress just caught up with me & I didn't even see it coming. Did that ever happen to you? I think I'm doing fine & then suddenly...I'm not.

I am however, honored, to be able to suffer alongside my sons through this journey. Maybe that sounds flaky but I mean it deeply.