Africa

Saturday, November 22, 2008

DONE

Just a side note from my last post....

For the first time EVER.... (that i can remember) today I can say that:

"THE LAUNDRY IS DONE"

With the whole family down to "4" full outfits...
I watched Ashlie, Brock and myself do our loads of laundry today....it hit me....I walked away from the laundry room with the last of the clean clothes to take up stairs, only to look at the laundry system we have set up for the kids...to see it EMPTY!

WHAT???? Can this BE....EVERY ITEM in our home is CLEAN???

YES!

Maybe I am onto something with this 4 outfit thing.

As I celebrated and said things like:
"WOW, you guys do not know how this feels to a mommy heart"
and
"yahhhoooo, no wash tomorrow because there will not be enough to do"
my kids started saying....
"you are going to let us open our packed boxes of clean clothes when we get to our new house....RIGHT???"

Of course I will...but in the back of my mind I am plotting and planning how we can rotate clothes in plastic tubs like we do toys in our house....maybe a two week rotation of 4-5 outfits each in each bucket...hummmm,

JUST a THOUGHT!

For now this mommy is off to enjoy an evening with my family...knowing there will NOT be clothes in the wash or dryer waiting for me in the a.m. or better yet...trying to catch the load RIGHT before the mildew sets in :O)

No comments: