Africa

Monday, November 17, 2008

Quote

I do not take this space to do this very often....but yesterday I was hit by a quote from our youth pastor that has struck my heart.
He was preaching from Job and about "hope in hard times"
One of the points was:
Gods response to Job is that:
God shows us, it is better to know God than to know answers. (Job 38:1-13 19-21, 33-36)
QUOTE:
"Don't Offer experience like it is the TRUTH"
How many times have I had a chance to sit with my friends when they are naked, bald, hurting, in ashes....yet I find my self like Job's friends...using my life experiences as TRUTH.
My circumstances do not DEFINE God. God spends verse after verse talking to Job..."where were you when the foundations of the earth were being laid?....do you hold the waves back on the shore...etc" It is such a loving set of verses from God to Job....
Job answers:42:1-6 HUMILITY
Then Job replied to the Lord: " I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked "who is this that questions my wisdom with such arrogance? It is I and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. I had only heard about You before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show you my repentance."

In the circle of daily life experiences we all live in, I find that Homeschooling, adoption, pregnancy, parenting, money advice, house keeping, friendship, ministry ETC....all seem to be OPEN venues for me and others to pass off Experience as TRUTH...I pray that my heart can be like Job and say "I had only heard about You before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes, I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show you my repentance"

My Circumstances do not DEFINE GOD!
Thank you Lord for your love for all of us, may we be found to be a people of repentant and confessed hearts before you...FULL of your love and POWER to hear and do what you call us to do!

No comments: