Africa

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Daves Journal entry #1

Hello everyone...Dave is in Ghana and has put this note on his Face Book page...I thought i would copy it here for those of you non-Face Bookers :O)
At this time the internet is a bit slow, but he was able to finally get it to work on his computer today. Our family got to Skype with him after he had been in Ghana for 24 hours with no communication with us:O) (Romana got a good laugh at me as I kept texting her to check up on them...it was all I could do to, not know how the "first meeting" with Gabriel went. More on that to come in next post. Until then...time for Dave to be the Blogger! Go Dave GO!!!
Great Adventure Part II
(Our Trip to Ghana April 2010)
April 22, 2010

Day 1 (Departure)
Tanner and I make the trek to the airport 3am :-).
Tanner is doing great. After a long wait to get checked in we get to the gate have a breakfast sandwich and finally board our first leg of the journey.

We arrive in NY and make it to our next leg of the journey with relative ease.

It is here in NYC that I am again hit with a wave of emotion (just like the last time just over 2 years ago). As sit amongst many many beautiful Africans I am reminded again of the journey and commitment to this little boys life I/we are making.

That is not to say I/we haven’t made the decision to adopt with great reflection, processing and of course some leaps of faith but God has used this point in my journey each time to “bring it all home”.
I had forgotten he did that last time with John and Victoria but I remembered here when I sat at the gate awaiting to board the plane to Accra.
This time I am not heading off to join my beautiful wife (more on that later), but instead am embarking on this journey with Tanner our 15 year old boy.
Tanner is giddy and it is awesome to see how polite and how he displays a servants heart on the plane helping people load bags etc. I must remember these moments when I can’t get him to wash up or put clean clothes on!! LOL.

The 1st day ends somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean or over the West Coast of Africa, depending on which time zone, PST, EST or Ghanian you are counting from.

No comments: