Africa

Saturday, January 26, 2008

50 pounds

When was the last time you purposefully stepped onto a scale 5 to 6 times in one day then repeated the same action for 3 days on a row?
LOTS OF FUN I TELL YA....
Our scale is small, so when you put the bags on by themselves you can not see the reading, so, we took anyone who was brave enough to step in and let 50 pounds be graciously added to their weight.
*I did not offer to often

It is departure day! We leave to Seattle today in the afternoon to spend the night and catch an early flight in the a.m.

The process of 3 people traveling, each with the option of having "2" 50 pound bags has been an interesting journey of packing, weighing, shifting, repacking and re-weighing.

Our bags are stuffed full with everything from bottle, vitamins, DVD's clothes, wooden toy cars, t-shirts, creams and seeds, cell phones, printer, office supplies (not so light) to all of our personal stuff (which ends up not being much )

The "last minute things" I have talked about the last few posts...well guess what...they "weigh" something! So my hint for anyone thinking of traveling internationally any time in the future...leave about 8-10 pounds for the "last minute stuff"
(ie...my own personal shampoo etc ,......which are all on the smaller side added 2 pounds I did not have)

It has all been FUN to try to work it all in, pull it all out and start over again.
I took a picture of our floor...maybe I can get it uploaded to this sometime while we are traveling so you can see the craziness of it all.

SOOOOOOOOO excited, can not tell you the emotions I feel right now. To many to describe....all I know is that God is in control and I am a willing follower and a fighter when He says to fight.
So off we go...
More from Ghana...can you believe it?

2 comments:

Carissa said...

anticipating great news from Ghana!
blessings, Carissa

Anonymous said...

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you, he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged." Deut. 31:8

Praying you across the ocean ...