Africa

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Clothes

Reality check....As the date draws closer the little things start to come into view. It is a bit like remembering the few weeks before my wedding.
Ya know the feeling....your BIG check list is just done, then you get the the details of preparation right before the wedding and suddenly that new list is longer than the "BIG" one you just finished.
Something that passed through my mind a few months ago was how fun it was going to be to be able to shop for "small" clothes again. Then the thought left as we were so busy doing the "BIG" things.
So this week the "oh my, underwear and socks would be good" thought is not just passing by my mind...but it is STOPPING in FRONT of my minds eye.

Two wardrobes....hummm!
So this post is to THANK my wonderful husband, flexible daughter, and creative boys who did a late night shopping run with me just cuz I was EXCITED, (Thanks)

~ for the friend who went through her five year olds clothes and found PILES of cool stuff for John (love that the 5 yr old boy who they came from calls John his "new Brown Friend" and he gave us a school picture to take with us when we go...so John can see his friend in Lynden who is waiting for him to arrive! (Thanks)

~for the friend who overheard me talking about shopping and said "I have a big of clothes in the car that will fit Victoria that I was going to drop off at the consignment store today...do you want them?" (Thanks)

~ For God who is in Control in all THINGS EVEN CLOTHING! (THANKS LORD!!!)

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I have clothes and probably shoes if you need more!! I love your blog, it's so fun to follow your adventure....keep it up, we'll be thinking about you as you continue to "journey"!

Momto16 said...

What sizes do you need?
Do you need any help doing anything? Just catching up on your blog. Loving reading about your journey!
Blessings,
Sarah