Africa

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Closing Prayer






Today we had the priviledge of going to Beacon House and having them pray for the kids. I know Carrie will blog about this from her perspective tomorrow but I wanted to get mine in too. :0)
*** it is Carrie here, I read my amazing husband's post...and while I do have 4 weeks of life and love for all those at Beacon House...Dave, my best friend, covering and love of my life, said what was in my heart about out night of good bye's at Beacon House...WAY TO GO Babe!!! I love living life with you!
I will upload some picutures of our night.

This is a tradition and as I sat I couldn't help but feel the emotion and heart of God as I looked at Victoria and John sit in the middle of all of the children at Beacon House and be blessed and prayed for. I know Victoria remembers doing this for others and I am sure it was special for her now and will be even more in the future. Each and every child prayed and then the wonderful house moms and care takers prayed, protection, guidance and blessing over us and the kids...these ladies are gifts from God!

They pour into all of these kids from where ever they have come from and whatever their condition and they pour and pour Gods Love and Instruction into them and we get to receive the fruits of their labor of love.

Mama Shelter, Sada, Vivian, Lydia, Evelyn, Dorcas (hope I haven't forgotten anyone) and of course Romana! Even in my short time around you I am grateful that God has used you mightily in the lives of John and Victoria and soo many others.




Thru the tears of joy the night ended and all of us went to our seperate beds but in my heart I am still praising and thanking God for each of you!

I am so glad that we will be able to frame the photographs of you with the kids and talk and pray for you when we tuck John and Victoria in bed.


Thank you for the wonderful gifts you have been to John and Victoria...I look forward to seeing you all again someday and looking back and laughing together and of course praising God for what He has done.

Dave (The Lucky Guy who married Carrie!!)

1 comment:

K said...

Tears.
Beautifully said.