Africa

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Daddy is going to America

Today is thursday...the day of packing and re-organizing and answering 100 questions about "planes" "suitcases" "Ashlie" "who is going and who is staying" etc....
For some reason last night and today seem to be the "most sticky and humid" but maybe it is just an "awareness" of some sad hearts that Daddy is leaving and the elements seem to bother us a bit more. (hummm)
This a.m. I read this Psalm...73
vs. 21....Thus my heart was grieved, and I was vexed in my mind. I was foolish and ignorant; I was like a beast before You.
(this is the constant state of the reality of the "old man" in me....that has been made new, but boy do I need a reminder often)
vs. 23 NEVERTHELESS.....(don't you just love the "neverthelesses" in the word!)
I am continually with YOU;
You hold me by my right hand.
You will guide me with Your Counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besdie You.
My Flesh and my heart fail
(boy do they....)
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion FOREVER!
vs 28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all YOUR works!

So as we continue to prepare for Dave to go back to America, we STAND on this word and know that we have had 6 weeks of seeing God's "NEVERTHELESSES and BUT GOD moments" even though our hearts fail at times and our strength may go weak!
PRAISES to HIM and HIM alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are amazing!
I have 2 little girls on the Northwood Road in Lynden anxiously awaiting to meet their new friends. Last night Clara drew a picture(as good as a 3 year old can draw) and said that it was her and Victoria going to Africa. After trying and trying to explain that Victoria would be coming to Lynden (and Clara being insistent that they would be going there together), I gave up and said maybe that is God's plan for sometime in the future. Wouldn't that be neat!
Tell your kids "hi" from their neighbors in America!
We continue to enjoy reading your blog's daily (I admit that I check them more than once a day)and we also continue to lift the Blaske family up in prayer.

Love,
The Roorda's