Africa

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Cooking/Cleaning



Cooking....hummm, this is a FUN thing!
Jim was on an errand and I offered to watch the girls so they could play, but what I did not expect was ALL the help I got when I started to get stuff out for dinner!
So, I turned on some worship music (nice and loud) and off to cooking we went!

Everyone got to do something, fry the onions, brown the minced meat (hamburger), butter the bread and help cut up the fruit salad.
All in all is was a successful evening, we just had to do a bit of teaching about "licking" the cooking spoons and also the edges of bowls to "taste" the new things.
I took the few pieces of fruit I had left and tossed the cut up pieces with yogart...boy was that a fun one..."what that is?" "Icecream on the fruit?" "ohhh, please let me taste, please please"
In the end I took a few spoons and gave them each a taste....what a HIT!
3 friends in the kitchen...cooking and washing (boy can these kids wash!!!)
When we sat down for dinner "Stroganaff" (sp) it was a good time of trying new things and trying to say the new words of the new foods.
Lots of giggles from the girls as they tried to expain back to me, how you have to hold the handle of the pan when you stir, how you should not lick the spoon each time you stir, and how you need to leave the lid on the rice while it is cooking or you will "spoil" it.
Each day it is so fun to work, play and laugh together....we are ALL looking forward to getting home and COOKING and CLEANING in our homes. I bought some Banku to take home (not cooked yet) so we can cook Ghana good together and they can giggle at me while I try to make it taste right. ()

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo awesome! What a great time to bond.

Tell the children we had a 3 lbs. goat kid born last night. She's very cute! They will have to visit when they get home. Lots more to be born, and we'll try to get young T over here this time.

Praying you'll come home soon!