Africa

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Luggage


The room we are in is a BIG mess...as Dave and I are busy trying to send as much home with him as possible so I can manage the two kiddos by myself with as little luggage as possible.
Next to the desk were my two empty suticases, I was on the computer trying to skype Ash, and Dave was in the room packing.
John had been coloring on the floor next to me for a while, when we got up, climbed into the suitcase and realized he "fit" he shouted to Dave (in the room next door)
"Hey Dad, You can take ME!"

I started to laugh and he said agian " Take me, Dad, take me"
So Dave came in snapped these cute pics, then zipped him almost all the way in and began to wheel John all around the room and outside patio...SQUEALS and GIGGLES galore for as long as DAve carted him around!
HOw do you explain travel to America to a 5 yr old boy from Ghana? Each time we get into a taxi or arrive somewhere he will say "are we going to America? or is this America?"
Today we did get to talk to Ash on video skype...and the first thing John said to her was "are you in the air-o-plane?"
He knew she left, but thought she was still in the plane.
As we get Dave ready to go in the morning...it will be a sad time and a confusing time, but like always, God will protect the hearts of the kids and the MOMMY!

No comments: