Africa

Sunday, March 9, 2008

La Palm


Ever stayed somewhere that they charge you $255.00 a night?...I have not, and still have not, but in Ghana this very nice "resort" on the beach of Accra has a "day rate" for the pool use.
It is a BEAUTIFUL PLACE!
Today after church, (which was AWESOME!!...sooo sorry you had to miss it Dave....it was just how you thought it might be...WORSHIP off the chart and songs that they sang "open the flood gates of Heaven, let it RAIN....with drums and they sang it about 15 times ...it was SWEET!)I joined in on the Sunday tradition of all the adopting families going to the pool for the whole day...to La Palm we went!

Mr D proved to be a CRAZY man in the pool....he flipped and tossed my kiddos over and over until John started to cry....(this is not a bad thing....it takes A lot for John to have ENOUGH of ANYTHING!) Jim spent lots of time with Jacob, Rachel, Sarah and VIctoria, teaching them how to swim across the pool with breathing....by the end of the day the kids were doing AMAZING! The kids had a lot of fun being able to have friends at the pool with them. They played games and really only rested for about a half an hour to eat a few "biscuits"

John is FULL TILT all the time! He is sooooo funny to watch in the pool! I have little toe print like bruises on my legs and little finger bruises on the insides of my arms where he used me like a diving board to push off of me to go head long into the water from any position! He is used to sleeping for a good solid two hours at nap time....did not get to do that, so by the end of our fun day....boy was he TIRED!
We got to have some good snuggle time for the last 40 mins of everyone else swimming, just John and Mom, under the umbrella under the towel, talking....priceless!

Victoria...what can I say about my sweet daughter! She is so fun to get to know. Today at the pool she said, "mum, come now, you need to meet my friend" SHe took me over to a lady who she new from playing t-ball at Beacon House. Yes, it was a friend of Romana's. We had a great chat. VIctoria is kind and friendly and very fun to watch in the pool. She plays with the kids, yet I often found her alone trying to perfect her skills of strokes or hand stands. She will try and try and try, until she thinks she has improved. It often consists of 1,000 calls of "mum watch me, mum watch me again, watch me now's"
Three cheers for Victoria! Hip Hip Hooray! I am proud to be her mom!
I was looking forward to a FUN day to kind of end our long week of waiting, and that is what we got! It was great....the only thing missing from making our day beyond great was that my hubby and kids were not here with me!
Family, Mom is Coming home soon! Counting the days!
Embassy...here we come! Approval...we are praying you "In and APPROVED" Visa, we are wanting to file....and Delta flight 167...boy do we want to board SOON!
GOd...we are PRAISING you all the way to the END, for your WORKS are marvelous and your LOVE perfect and Your timing is NEVER WRONG....

4 comments:

K said...

Looks and sounds so FUN!
Your attitude is AMAZING!
I am praying BIG TIME with you.
Time to come home. I can't wait to hear you have your approval. I am excited to see the B's and the D's all home.

bbqdaisy said...

I love "getting to know your new kids" through your blog! They sound like such PRECIOUS and WONDERFUL kids, gifts from our Maker!!!
I'm praying for your approval THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS for all the posts and pictures on your blog - they encourage, bless and inspire me!!!
BLESSINGS friend on the rest of your time in Ghana!
Maria

The Blaske Bunch said...

Ohh missing you!! What a fun day! Sorry I missed church and the pool...bit was right for me to come home :-) Glad Mr. D helped wear John out :-)

Audra said...

God bless you my friend... I can't wait to meet these beautiful children. Praise God for daily refreshing your soul and giving you precious first memories to cherish! We love you... Shoemakes