Africa

Friday, February 22, 2008

ARRIVING!!!

Okay (wide awake, makes no sense but still the truth). Remember read the previous blog posts from today before this one so it all makes chronological sense:-)

So it is Tuesday the 19th of Feb and I land in Ghana amidst much fan fare....military troops lining the runway and a limosine waiting at the base of the stairs for me?

Well I soon remembered the troops were there in preparation for President Bush arrival and the limo must have been some US dignitary that took my business class seat(not really those seats are expensive)!

Okay so on to customs...where the officer took my passport and said I had to provide an address for my stay in Ghana....fortunately I had a phone number and was able to get out of line call and get the address, get back in line and successfully get thru customs.

I then proceeded to baggage claim and out the door to navigate the next series of check points before I would get to see my wife and the new blaske kids. I proceeded to the first check point and the officer said did I know that Pres Bush was coming today..I said no I thought it was tomorrow. He shook my hand and said enjoy your stay in our country sir and sent me on my way...no further delay!

So as I walked thru the final door way and exit passages I began peering thru the glass looking for my babe and kiddos. I saw them before they saw me...I waved and nothing waved back...then I looked again and confirmed yep it was them I waved and maybe even jumped a bit then I saw Victoria in her pink outfit jumping and pointing along with John jumping....In my mind I ran like the movie scene but it was truly a brisk walk with my 150lbs of luggage in tow.

I reached them and they jumped for joy, we all three hugged and kissed and the kids said we go to America now!!! It was short, very surreal and very very good!



We then climbed into Bernards car and made our way to Beacon House for a short stay ,first bucket shower..cold and refreshing and then off to the bus stop to head up north.

The kids are amayzing and Ghana is as well.

The trip up North was Amayzing in so many ways and I am now getting tired so I will save that one for tomorrow.
Dave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so very good! Blessings to all of you. Please tell me someone got pictures?

Dave, I'm sure that was a Limo for "President Blaske". We'd vote for you!

Thanks for feeding the blog addiction. ;-)

Cassie said...

woo-hoo!
I can't wait to hear all the stories about "up north"!!!

i love reading your thoughts Mr B!! so fun!!