Africa

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Getting Ready


We are getting ready for DADDY to come. It takes a few days for clothes to dry, and I realized today that I better wash what I need for when Dave gets here.
We are picking him up at the air port, he will met the kids, (yeah) kiss his wife, (maybe not in that order :O) then off to Beacon House for a few hours then onto a bus for a 12 hour drive up North....Yes....my husband is SUPERMAN! When Romana talks about this day...she smiles and says "poor Dave"
Why are we doing this to my BEST FRIEND? President Bush is flying into Ghana this week. 20th-22nd. They have arranged for a group of children to play a t-ball game for him...it is a BIG deal...and the cool part is that the Beacon House kids will be playing! Yeah! *NBC will be covering it...so watch for it*
All that to say, we were planning on going North the 25th-27th...but realized that Monday is a holiday, Wed Bush is here and Friday are 1/2 days at the Embassy...so we are going to travel while the Embassy is busy...return to do business with them the folowing week.
So we are getting ready.


Boy can this girl WASH! We filled up 2 buckets, some soap in one and clean water in the other, and off to scrubbing we went. I was swishing stuff around...and Victoria was giggling at me. "what? what are you laughing at?" I would ask. We went round and round with funny comments on how I looked silly because I did not know what I was doing. She had a steady hand and a very precise way of holding the clothes. (not my swishy way :O)
We went through the process of the 2nd bucket, rung everything out and put all the clothes into a 3rd bucket of clean water. (you should of seen the water we dumped out...so dusty/dirty)
Then we HUNG things on the clothes line. I went to shake out a pair of pants before I hung them, and it hit the line and pulled two of my pieces of clothing off and onto the ground. Before I could pick them up, Victoria was there..."oh no, mum, I will wash it again for you"
I told her that it was okay, I would just re-hang it...oh no, that was not an option.
She was back in a flash with the clothes and we were done!
2 more sleeps at Beacon House for my kiddos! I can not believe that we are
GETTING READY!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

AWESOME AWESOME!! I am so excited for you and your kiddos for what the days ahead will bring! I can't imagine your anticipation....oh what a lovely day it will be to see your hubby! Have fun up North with all the excitement of Pres. Bush being there...HOW FUN! Take Care...

bbqdaisy said...

I LOVE ALL of the new pics and especially the pics of you and Victoria washing the clothes - and I love your story and moment together ... I bet Victoria never thought she would be washing the clothes WITH you ... she probably thought she would be doing the laundry FOR you! You are AWESOME Carrie! I think that picture might be frame worthy as it is such a precious and fun memory!
1 more sleep for me and Dave will be there, I think a few more hours of sleep for you ... YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
We are CELEBRATING with you! I sent a HUG via Dave for you :) Know we ARE and WILL be praying for you as you journey up North to meet Victoria's birth family, and as you become even more so officially mommy and daddy of your 2 new beautiful kids - and continue on the reciprocal journey of attachment and adjustment!
We love you guys!
Maria, Sam, Bella, Faith and Matteus

Audra said...

Oh Carrie, I just love reading your amazing blogs. You have such a way with words I can just feel every emotion pouring out of you and I swear I can hear your voice as I read (wierd huh?) Thank you for sharing all of this with us all, it helps me to realize the important things in life and Gods HUGE AMAZING plans!! I am just so very happy for you all, and so excited for Daddy to see each one of you...I bet you can hardly wait! God bless you friend and I can't wait to read about your next adventure!! Love ya - Audra

Anonymous said...

Carrie & Dave - thinking of you both OFTEN and PRAYING you are having a safe trip up north. I sent you an email with a link to AOL's photo gallery of President Bush's visit to Ghana. There are 150 photos and 10 of them are with the t-ball team. Check it out!
luv carleen