Africa

Saturday, February 9, 2008

SLEEP

After lunch at Beacon House you can hear all the house mom's saying "you go and sleep" "you go and sleep"
Today was no different...except that today I was in a meeting with a visitor Romana had in the office when John peeked his head in.
He came and sat on my lap and put both of his hands on my cheeks, turned my head towards his and said "I go sleep in your room"
He never has, but today he wanted to. So I politley excused myself and carried a very giggly boy to the house.
It was 85-90 degrees and John wanted my sheet to cover up with...so I tucked him in and smooched his cheeck (did a few tickles as well) and tried to get him to sleep.
"Mum....ohhhh mum, Mum...ya mum" over and over...finally I told him that I was going to sleep and he needed to stop talking....this worked as long as I did not move.
He was so excited to be in the room...he just kept tossing and turning and laughing. It is hard to keep a staight face.

He fell asleep...yeah! I just was ready to get up and Victoria came in and saw me and said "mum I want to sleep"
Okay... I guess I will rest for a while longer. She climbed onto my bed...being very careful to not put her feet on the bed (trained) and she rolled over on her side, her face facing mine...we just lay there looking at each other "silence"
There were no need for words...just looking into each others eyes. She dozed off and I lay there and PRAYED!


Can this really be...these two amazing children being added to my life..my mommy heart was beating with THANKSGIVING.
Today as Victoria went to cross of a day on her count down chart I made for her, I was able to tell her..."Mommy does not have to leave and come back....she jumped and jumped and jumped...Daddy is coming Daddy is coming!
We are BUILDING realtionships day by day! We are living by FAITH and are excited to see what God has in store for the WRAP up part of the adopiton process.
Home stretch....our I 600A has been sent to Ghana, our I600 is filed and now we wait.
Medical on Monday, Embassy appointment on Monday to add a birth cert that was with the passports...(which came in TODAY!!!!) Everything is HERE...now we let the US process do It's process.
Thanks for all your prayers!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is posts like this that remind vividly of the why....keep on keeping on! God is giving you the perfect mommy moments the longer you are there and He is binding your hearts to these new kiddos! Awesome and perfect! His Plans are not our plans (thank goodness!) His Plans are perfect and I am thankful that we see that as they unfold..May we both continue to walk in faith when we can not see it all perfectly because it all becomes perfect as it unfolds!
Love you Babe!

bbqdaisy said...

Tears in my eyes, tears of joy for all of eight of you Blaskes; tears for the tenderness in John, Victoria and you my dear friend; and tears because of the goodness of God and that He somehow deems us all worthy of His AMAZING blessings!!!
NEWS, share the NEWS ... you are not coming back? When is Dave joining you? More details dear friend please :)
Lots of LOVE
Maria

Anonymous said...

Dearest Blaske Family!

You are dear in your Fathers Eyes! You have stepped out in faith upon hearing your Father's voice! Listening, hearing, seeing, speaking, reaching, striving, seeking, obeying, all are words to describe what I see happening in and through this whole process. I continue to pray for His Favor upon you, your family, your new family, your extended family, your spiritual family, your ministry, and so on. Bless you and keep you ever relient upon the one who calls you to all things of Him.

Love you,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Carrie- Thank You for blessing my days with sweet stories. Keep going and we'll just keep praying! T and T are doing great. We filled them with Pizza, videos, and electronics, even gave them hugs from you. Have an awesome Christ filled day! or night?