Africa

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hair Dryer

Yesterday in the morning John and Victoria had come into the room early...having finished their work. I had just "bucket showered" and was getting ready in my room.
For a few weeks this has looked like, bucket shower, wash face, brush teeth, clean clothes, lip gloss and some SPF cream on my face....mascara if I am brave...and then the "onion head" ponytail or hair all clipped up. I just sweep it up wet and bobbi pin the stuff that will FLY away in the Taxi and car rides.
Really it is like having a head shaped like an onion I can hear Stacey laughing at me even now.
Anyway....yesterday I could not stand it anymore and I decided to "blow dry my hair"
Why you might ask...good question, but I guess it gave me a few seconds of thinking that I may be able to have a different hair style...Wrong.
THe kids were under the bunk bed (you know the kind that the bed is on top and you have a desk below...except in this case there is no desk...so they sit on big floor pillows and watch movies.)watching a movie and I reached under by them and plugged in my hair dryer...no words or questions, so I bent over and flipped by head upside down and TURNED on the dryer....
SQUEALS and HUGE LAUGHTER errupted! They laughed the whole time I dried my hair...poking at eachother and mimicking the motions I was doing!
I turned it off and Victoria said "Mum...what is that thing do?"
I turned it back on and blew air in their face....another good 20 seconds of HuGE laughter! Oh my,now we were ALL laughing so hard I had to sit down!
Well, now I know that they have never seen a hair dryer.
Looking forward to many more LAUGHING moments!
Daddy will be here in 10 days...they already Laugh at the hair on his chin...wait unitl they FEEL it tickle their faces when he goes in for a snuggle or kiss.

No comments: