Africa

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Embassy

Another day for celebrating! Today we went to the Embassy to file our I 600 (basically ALL the papers for the kids....surrender paper, death cert's of parents, social welfare reports, court decree *more on that in a min* etc etc.
We arrived at 2:00 and got through the check point, had to leave my water at the desk, and went into the next building. We walked past ALOT Of people waiting for the consular section (visa'a) and went into a small "interview" room.
I layed out all my documents with copies of each behind the originals. About 10 mins passed and a lady came to greet us through the glass.
We talked for a moment and she began to ask for documents. We slid things back and forth to eachother and were done.
WOW!
Before we left the house, I was talking to God and asked if today we could have a process that did not take a LONG time. We were in and out of there in an hour.
PRAISES to you LORD! You never know how long it will take, just two weeks ago Romana waited with another mom for 2 hours. No FUN!
So on our way back we stopped at the guest house that the D's are staying in (they are traveling up to the North today...) to see if I could ask about a reservation for a few weeks from now when Dave and I come back. We got a tour and got to see where we will spend our time while in Ghana. It is nice. IT is like a small apartment.
THe streets are FILLED with people as Ghana gets ready to PLAY soccer in the playoff game tonight. BIG DAY....so the streets were tough to get around in.
When we honked at the gate...guess who was there?
John and Victoria...just like always.
Victoria said "mum, did you put the paper to the man?" I said yes and she jumped up and down laughing! "we go to America" she chanted over and over.
Now they are on the top bunk bed watching Flushed away eating a sucker!
*Thanks Amanda and Phil...the DVD is a perfect treat to relax with on a hot day when we need to celebrate!!!
Now we pray for our I 600 A (family paperwork) to be joined up with the I 600 (kids paperwork) so we can come back and get them soon.

I said I would talk more about the Decree..yes! Romana has not had a family here for the court process yet...so she tried a few new things. SHe reviewed the process and asked questions about the "red Ribbon" part of the approval...(it can take up to six weeks from the date of court) Due to her hard work we were able to go to court last Thursday and get our decree this thursday...WOW! This enabled me to file my I 600 here before I left....COOL!!!!
Things change daily here...but being flexible is the key....we will see what the next phase looks like, but in the mean time we are praising the Lord for all He has done and is doing!

No comments: