Africa

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chicken and Chips

Today we all got to go to church again. It was a good service about "when Jesus says something he will follow through with it" My heart was uplifted!
After church we went to Frankies, the place where we ate Pizza last week with Stacey and Ash...had ice cream down stairs for Romana's son's birthday. Good western food.
I ordered the kids "chicken and Chips"
Fried drum stick chicken with french fries and a spirte. They loved it!

Romana's friend said to me, "make sure you let your kids eat the bones, it is a treat and they will want to even when they get home to your house"
She said sometimes when she travels up North to the villages she will eat chicken and leave the bones on a small plate out side and watch the children come out from huts carefully and then get the bones to eat.

Sure enough, as we finished up our meal... I looked over at my kiddos and they had eaten the ends of the bones and were getting the marrow out and eating it. I could hear them crunching.
So, our experience with Chicken and chips in the AC in a western restaurant was really and experience for ME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it's ok with you, I won't make Tanner eat the bones while he is at our house? ;-) Plucking and gutting are ok, but no bones about it.