Africa

Monday, February 4, 2008

Ask and you shall receive!

This Sunday we got to go to church with Romana and her kids. We also took Victoria and John. At Beacon House they have a reward system for behavior and school conduct. When they get 12 smiles, they get to go to church with Romana and then out to lunch...so this was a BIG treat for Victoria and John. (for me to...being OUT with the kids makes me feel more like a mom, becasue they are my responsibility)
During worship I was thanking God for how much HE has protected and gone before us this far...and how amazed my heart is that He has already finished the process I have yet to walk.
The church had air conditioning. ( HIP HIP HOORAY) I was resting in the worship and the AC and as I praised I prayed for physical strength, (after being sick I have just had to PULL myself each day a bit) and just thought "with out complaining Lord, I just need a bit of a small break" Holy Spirit says "you have not beacause you ask not" so I asked...."Can I have a small break from the heat?"

So...after chruch Romana had a friend who was having a B-day and we all got to go. The great part was that a baby that was just picked up right before I arrived in Ghana is being fostered in this house. The house had AC, in the whole house, a swimming pool, clean water to drink and ICE CREAM with fresh chilled fruit to eat.
Hummmmm, I think I will ask more often!

God YOU meet me right where I am! I got to hold that baby, PRAY over him, sit in the cool house with the fellowship of women who are taking care of orphans and have ICE CREAM! I was so filled up and refreshed....I did not notice that John and Vicotria had eaten two bowls of ice cream and were on their way back for 3rds. I guess we all needed a treat that day!

3 comments:

homeschoolingmama said...

Still praying for your health and strength. Glad God is so good!!

bbqdaisy said...

Yahoo friend!!!
That is AWESOME!
I am praying for you!!!
Love
Maria

Anonymous said...

We cannot wait to see these two precious gifts from God when they arrive back home. We are praying that the Lord will continue to blaze the trail and that safe travels will be granted to all. Hope to see you soon!

Gary & Laurie